Expressions of Interest
We warmly invite you to submit an Expression of Interest for facilitating at the next Being Woman Gathering, being held March 6-9, 2020.
Being Woman Gathering is a non-profit event that has been running since 2005 and enjoys an attendance of approximately 80+ women. It is an opportunity for women to connect in a nurturing community and take part in a wide range of workshops and presentations, including women’s wellbeing, relationships, ceremony, dance, sexuality, movement and much more.
Each year the Being Woman community holds a Dreaming Ceremony to envision the theme of the upcoming Gathering. The theme represents the focus of the event, and is central to informing the kinds of workshops and presentations that will be held. The theme for the 2020 Gathering is: 'Flowing in Sacred Circle... Sharing our Inner-Fire'.
The workshops offered at the 2020 gathering will be based around this theme.
This is an opportunity for you as a facilitator to offer your many gifts and talents at an event committed to the service and wellbeing of women. We are looking for experienced facilitators who have a genuine care and commitment to women’s wellbeing and who are eager to share their knowledge. Some benefits from presenting at this event are to:
- Join in community with like-minded women
- Network with some of Australia’s leading and most experienced facilitators in women’s issues
- Connect with women interested in your area of speciality
- Most importantly, enjoy a weekend of luscious, inspiring nourishment with other women at Camp Warrawee
There are no real limitations around what type of workshop you can offer. Some previous examples of workshops are traditional indigenous ceremony and wisdom, crystal and plant medicine, dance, shamanic work, women’s sexuality, yoga, weaving, goddess wisdom, relationships, healing inner wounds, rites of passage and the stages of womanhood, just to name a few.
How to Apply
Applications close 31 August 2019.
Please send us the following information.
- A written overview of your workshop (up to 300-1000 words). Include an explanation of how your workshop relates to the theme.
- Your bio (300-1000 words).
- A High Resolution, portrait oriented, photo of you.
- One to three photos that symbolise or illustrate your project e.g. if you are a weaver, some photos of your baskets; if you are offering drumming workshop, some photos of your drum or you drumming or one of your previous drumming workshops. See our website here for examples of what we are looking for.
Applications can be sent to Kylie Kenny: firstname.lastname@example.org (Phone: 0409 573 928)
We need for you to include all of this information so that we can have a complete sense of who you are and what it is that you are offering and also to have everything we need for our website should your application be successful. Please be sure application is received by us no later than 31 August 2019, for review by the selection panel. Any applications received after this date will be held on file for future events and for our 2021 Wait List.
As a facilitator at the Being Woman event you will be eligible to purchase a Facilitator Ticket at a reduced price of $320. This includes admission to all workshops, parking, your accommodation and all your meals.
Please note: it is a requirement to be present at the venue the whole weekend.
Where to from Here?
Once we have received your application there will be a selection process and we will notify you by no later than the end of September 2019 to advise you on whether your application has been successful. Please note that each year we receive more applications than there are workshop spaces available, so get back to us as soon as you can so we can include you! As well as the workshops we initially accept, we also Wait List our next Top 6, to allow for us opening up an additional workshop space closer to the Event if attendee numbers are high.
With love, gratitude and blessings,
Being Woman… 2020 First Circle